Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Faces

This girl was in my head the other night and David said it's good that I got her out because she's scary. Imagine meeting her in a dim hallway. *shudder, shudder* I like her, though.
A couple of character sketches, working out details and facial expressions. It's a challenge for me to draw the same person in different ways. So, I practice...
and practice.

This week the American Library Association announced the 2013 youth media award winners. This is Not My Hat by Jon Klassen has been awarded the Caldecott Medal. We love his book I Want My Hat Back and I think we need to add This is Not My Hat to our collection. 

Susanna Leonard Hill has officially launched her Making Picture Book Magic course and the February and March groups are already full. Congratulations on a great start, Susanna! 

In other Susanna news, Groundhog Day is coming and Punxsutawney Phyllis is ready for an adventure at your house! Check out this post for information on how you can join in the fun this Saturday. We were lucky enough to have Phyllis visit our home last spring and I'm looking forward to a second round of fun this weekend.  

Tax season is upon us and Ash Krafton has advice on whether or not you should file as a writer. Is your writing considered a hobby or a business? This post is not to be considered legal information.
Do your homework when filing your taxes.

I hope you all are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely faces! Thanks for the links. I like the tax one from Query Tracker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found the one from Query Tracker to be helpful. It's tough to define when our work is a hobby and when it's a profession (according to the government).

      Delete