Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Foiled by Technology

Blackberry is hosting a series of projects with writers and musicians. The one that closed this past Monday featured the one and only Neil Gaiman. I love his writing. People tweeted story ideas for each month of the year, he chose twelve and wrote a short story for each one. Then artists had the opportunity to submit their illustrations for one or more of the stories.

October's struck a chord with me. The notion of enough is something we talk about frequently in my home. I am enough, I have enough, my life is good as it is. This doesn't mean there are no dreams or goals, but that there is a conscious appreciation of the bounty and richness that is daily life. A hot cup of coffee, sun on an upturned face, a good laugh, fresh brownies for sharing.

Technology is fickle and when I tried to upload my entry I received nothing but error messages. And then the deadline passed. And that's OK because things happen that cannot be controlled. I will share my image here. This is the story.

7 comments:

  1. I like that message, "I am enough or I have enough." Great illustration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! My husband and I have been reading Brene Brown's DARING GREATLY and she writes about the belief of "I am enough". It's a powerful concept.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a happy place! I'm glad that came through to you.

      Delete
  3. Oh, so frustrating! Technology drives me nuts on pretty much a daily basis. I'm sorry you weren't able to get this in because it's really beautiful! Thanks for sharing it here with us, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanna! I sometimes have the sneaking suspicion that technology is sniggering at me, especially lately as I try to update my website.

      Delete
  4. You are so talented! I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to enter, but I'm glad you shared it here!

    ReplyDelete